2022 – the year of lots of marrying, not so much blogging…
If you’ve stumbled onto this post my apologies for how long it’s been between stories. 2022 has been busier than I could have ever imagined, it has been for all of us in the wedding industry. I’ve never drunk so much Red Bull (ordering it by the case these days) while I’ve done my best to stay healthy and somehow meet, write, rehearse and marry two years worth of couples into one! But after having not been able to work for so long due to the you know what it’s been wonderful being a part of so many special days (just shy of 90 by the end of this year) in Sydney to Kangaroo Valley, Broke, Mudgee and beyond. 2022 is certainly a year I won’t be forgetting in a hurry.
Below is a collection of shots from some of my fave weddings this year (geez I love my job!);
1. Scarlett and her crew arriving to their ceremony in the Wattle Forest by boat
– Audley Dance Hall Royal National Park Audley wedding captured by Kristie Carrick
2. Scott bringing all the LOL’s in his vows to his gorgeous Justine
– Merribee South Coast Numbaa wedding captured by Blaise Bell
3. Adam’s Nan Shirley stealing the show with her wise words during his wedding to beautiful Jess
– Bendooley Estate Southern Highlands Berrima wedding captured by Parlour AG
4. Kiki + Brock – I just wish these two were a little more excited at getting hitched!
– Jaspers Berry South Coast wedding captured by Evoke Photography
5. Amy, Matt and their parents all sending them on their way to married with some big ol’ hugs
– Adams Peak Country Estate Hunter Valley Broke wedding captured by Storytellers Wedding Co
6. Courtney + Blain rocking the Bush Retreat like I’ve never seen it rock before!
– Kangaroo Valley Bush Retreat South Coast wedding captured by Nick Mckk Shoots Weddings
7. Meeting beautiful Holly and her crew before she walked down the aisle to marry
– Adams Peak Country Estate Hunter Valley Broke wedding captured by Modern Romantics
8. I just wish we had more fun during your ceremony, Emily + Ryan…
– Fitzroy Inn Southern Highlands Mittagong wedding captured by Olguin Photography
9. Calling out camera use before Heather + Aaron’s ceremony
– The Grounds of Alexandria inner Sydney wedding captured by Siempre Weddings
10. Kim + Scott and adventuring wedding shots at their very best!
– Kangaroo Valley Bush Retreat South Coast wedding captured by Mitch Pohl
Right now I’m wrapping up the last of my weddings for 2022 and getting ready for the silly season. I’ll be enjoy a few weeks off with my fam in early January but will still be contactable via email during that time.
To the couples I married this year (some of whom had been trying to get down the aisle for nearly two years) we got you there in the end! Nothing like riding out a few bumps, twists and turns along the way.
And to the couples I’m marrying in 2023 and beyond I cannot wait to start my journey with you real soon.
Wishing everyone a safe and Merry Christmas. Bring on a wonderful, much more balanced year ahead.